Uncategorized

Michael Miller Fat Quarter Bundle Painter’s Bundle, Massdrop and Moving

We have finally moved into our new home!!  Not completely though – we still have half of our basement to sort out. Then we will donate, sell, throw out, and of course bring over to the new house, some things that are keepers. After 21 years I’m surprised at how much we accumulated.

Old House Below

I am very excited about this sewing room.  It is full of light, storage and space.

New House Below

The biggest surprise is how sad I have been feeling at times, even though I love our new home.

I remembered a piece of wisdom that a hairdresser once shared with me. Whenever a new client came to him, he would ask why they were coming to him. If the reply was something like; “I was unhappy or not getting what I liked or wanted,” with the previous hairdresser, he knew he had an excellent chance of making this new client happy.

If the client said something like, “We moved to New York City, and I need to find someone to do my hair. I miss my old hairdresser, but it’s really far away,” he knew the probability of making this new client happy was less than in the first scenario.

What this all means is that if your are leaving something behind that you didn’t like, were unsatisfied with, or made you unhappy, than you are going to be more open about “the new.” The probability of your liking “something new” that is replacing the old, is much greater.

If you are leaving something behind that you were happy with, but the circumstances were not dissatisfaction, you are more likely to feel sad or miss to some degree what you left behind, and not be so happy about anything new until you’ve embraced that change. Michael – thank you for those words of wisdom.

So I don’t have a lot of show and tell.

However, I did receive some new fabric from Massdrop which I’m excited to share with you. This Michael Miller fat quarter bundle designed by Laura Gunn

called Painter’s Canvas, is stunning. I wish I had a bolt of each color!!

I am linking up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.

Happy Quilting!!

Previous Post Next Post

I love reading your comments, and will respond directly by e-mail.

8 Comments

• Reply Jayne January 4, 2016 at 12:22 am

What delicious colors these are! It makes me want to go shopping…Congrats on the move! You'll fall in love with your new home, but will always have memories (good ones) of that other house!

• Reply Denise Finucane January 4, 2016 at 1:56 am

That rainbow collection is awesome. Wishing I had more cash to get some, sigh! It takes time to get used to a new space, and you'll love it more after you make some great memories!

• Reply Paige January 4, 2016 at 1:59 am

I do hope you can get settled soon! The windows in your sewing room will be wonderful!

• Reply Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl January 4, 2016 at 2:00 am

What a beautiful rainbow of color. I think it is wise to hold on to all those wonderful memories of your old home, and I wish you much joy as you settle into your new home in 2016.

• Reply Laurie Matthews January 4, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Gorgeous! Love the warm colors especially.

• Reply Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts January 4, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Wow,that bundle is so beautiful – I can see why you want bolts! Congrats on your move. I'm looking forward to a tour of your hewing sewing space – the room looks wonderful!

• Reply Cheryl January 6, 2016 at 6:16 pm

What a fun new sewing space! I hope you get settled in quickly.

• Reply Marsha Thomas January 17, 2016 at 6:03 pm

I moved 6 times in 12 years when my husband was starting his career in the oil business. Moving is all in the attitude. If you look back at all that our ancestors endured to come here leaving their homeland, family and friends without modern technology to stay in touch, then our small moves are simple. The easiest way to accept your move is to allow yourself a set amount of time to mourn the change (3 months top) then dry your eyes and explore your new world! Get involved, find new shops, new fun things to see that you would not have spent the time to visit before because they were too far away at your old location and meet people! Smile and say hello! Don't keep visiting your old home because you wont establish roots in your new home. People will sense that and wait to connect until later when you want to finally settle in the new location. My oldest was in 5 elementary schools before going to middle school. Her words were very wise. She said, " Mom, you have the same people kinds of people in every town, they just have different names, so just find the same kind of friends that you had before!"