Uncategorized

New Quilting Stash – Aloha Girl

It’s always fun to come home and find a package from a fabric shop. I recently received a box from Fabric Shack with a fat quarter bundle of Aloha Girl by Fig Tree & Co.

I really love these bright, festive prints. I bought them with my cousin Hannah in mind. She’s now about to finish first grade, and I’d like to make her a single-size bed quilt that she can use through high school and beyond. Like her brother, she still sleeps with the baby quilt I made her long ago, on top of all her covers. How much quilt love is that? More than I can describe.

Her family lives in Chicago, so these bright tropical, Hawaiian fabric patterns will keep her warm during those cold months. I love this whole collection, but these two are my favorite fat quarters.

I haven’t chosen a pattern yet, and am looking through all my books and sketches for inspirations.

If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them, so please add your suggestions in the comment box below.
I am linking up with  Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.

Previous Post Next Post

I love reading your comments, and will respond directly by e-mail.

7 Comments

• Reply Lucy @ Charm About You April 26, 2015 at 5:00 pm

oh they are really pretty prints! I would do something simple like half square triangles and then play with the layout so those blues are spread through it. I'm sure whatever you chose it will look great!

• Reply Shauna April 26, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Ohh I can't wait to see what you do with these. My sister just bought the same bundle, and she just can't decide how she wants to use them.

• Reply Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty April 26, 2015 at 11:45 pm

I hadn't stumbled upon this collection from Fig Tree & Co. yet. Many thanks for the introduction. Like you, I'm drawn to the navy colorway. : )

• Reply annieb April 27, 2015 at 2:09 am

Thanks, Lucy. I'm going to consider that option. Looking forward to making and giving something to my cousin, who is about to finish 1st grade, and is still in love with the baby quilt I made her.

• Reply annieb April 27, 2015 at 2:10 am

Is she making the quilt for someone in particular? I'd love to see what she does with this beautiful fabric.

• Reply annieb April 27, 2015 at 2:11 am

Fig Tree is a wonderful designer. I think I am drawn to the navy colorway because it provides contrast to the rest of the collection. Thanks for your response.

• Reply scottylover April 28, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Oh what fun! How about a swoon quilt or something like it? It would show off the prints I think!
    Sandy A